Facts About Bible Have Not Been Altered Over Time
The Bible is a book with the greatest authority. It has been translated partially or completely into more than 1,000 languages. Every year, millions of copies are printed. The number increases by the year. We consider it a miracle. No other book can compare with the Bible.
How long did it take to write the Bible? There is a span of 1,500 years between Genesis written by Moses and Revelation written by John. Forty people who lived in different times and places wrote the books of the Bible. By human reasoning, it is impossible for their writings to be in harmony. Yet amazingly, the entire Bible is consistent and systematic. Without doubt, this is the will and revelation of the eternal God
How do we know that facts about bible have not been altered over time?
1st Facts About Bible
– Test the reliability of historical documents, historians examine the textual transmissions by which the documents reach us.
2nd Facts About Bible
– The consistency among manuscripts seen when looking at the number of manuscripts (copies).
3rd Facts About Bible
– Accuracy of transmission determined by the time interval between the composition of the original work and the date of the earliest extent manuscripts.
4th facts about bible
– A vast number of biblical manuscripts have been discovered over time. To be skeptical of the biblical text’s accuracy is to discredit all classical works of antiquity, because no other text has been as well preserved. For example, there are 37 times more copies of the New Testament manuscripts than copies of Homer’s Iliad. Besides the great number of manuscripts, the fact that these biblical manuscripts agree with each other assures us that the facts about Bible has not been altered over time.
5th Facts About Bible
– The ancient Hebrews regarded the Scripture as sacred text. Copyists, took extreme care in copying and storing the manuscripts. Among these copyists were the Talmudists and Massoretes, who followed very strict rules in treating scriptural text.
As a result, the manuscripts we have today are not casual copies but the faithful transmissions of the divine word.
What is the Bible’s main theme?
There are 66 books in the Bible; 39 in the Old Testament, written before the birth of Jesus, each of which contains prophecies about him, the Son of God who would come to save mankind. There are 27 books in the New Testament, which record of Jesus’ birth, teachings as well as the work of the Holy Spirit in the church. It also prophesied what would happen in the future.
The central theme of both Testaments is Jesus Christ, the Lord. He said, “These are the Scriptures that testify about me.” (Jn 5:39) “Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the prophets and the Psalms” (Lk 24:44).
There many evidences pointing to the fact that The Facts About Bible have not been altered over time. Contact us to find out more.
If you want to know more about the Holy Bible, feel free to request for one by providing your name and email address below…