What is the power of the Bible on mankind?
“The word of God is lively and effective.” When we abide by His word in the Bible,
He is able to help us and strengthen us.
How does reading the Bible benefit us? The power of the Bible can be seen in how it transforms our lives:
1. The Bible is a mirror which reflects man’s sins (Gal 3:22; Jas 1:23),
making him aware that he is a sinner (Rom 3:20).
2. The Bible is a sharp-edged sword, which penetrates even to
dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow (Heb 4:12).
3. The Bible is like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces,
(Jer 23:29) which shatters hardened human hearts.
4. The Bible is fire, “I will make my words in your mouth a fire
and these people the wood it consumes.” (Jer 5:14, 23:29)
5. The Bible is an imperishable seed (1 Pet 1:23), which is
sowed in man’s heart, where it grows and bears fruit (Mt 13:23).
6. The Bible is food that nourishes spiritual life (Jer 15:16; Heb 5:14)
and is spiritual milk (1 Pet 2:2) and makes us grow.
7. The Bible is the lamp unto our feet and the light unto our path
8. The Bible is good medicine that brings healing to the whole body
9. The Bible is pure water that washes away blemishes
(Jn 15:3; Heb 10:22)
10. The Bible is the sword that subdues Satan (Eph 6:17).
Therefore, Bible reading should be an integral part of our daily routine. Each day, we should endeavour to: study and meditate on the word of God ( Josh 1:8; Ps 1:2–3; Acts 17:11); pray for understanding(Ps 119:125; Eph 1:16–17); listen and ask questions (Lk 2:46;Acts 8:31); quote from it (Lk 4:4, 8, 12); put it into practice(Mt 7:24–25; Jas 1:22, 25).
If you want to know more about the Holy Bible, feel free to request for one by providing your name and email address below…