The Bible is revelation from God, and only those with spiritual authority can interpret it, “expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.” (1 Cor 2:13). Therefore we must have the right attitude to the Bible, then can we have a strong foundation in our faith and belief in the Bible.
Spiritual Christians should not waver in their belief in the Bible just because they do not understand the spiritual aspects in the bible and so regard them as foolish. Christians can understand the Biblical truths – not because they are competent Will toy relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is of no surprise that many cannot understand, but He will still grant to man, those who seek the wisdom of God.
1 Cor 1:21 (New King James Version)
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
What should be the right attitude to the Bible – For Teachers?
1. Speak according to the Bible (Isa 8:20)
2. Explain clearly what is said in the Scriptures about Jesus (Lk 24:27)
3. Preach about Jesus according to the Bible (Acts 8:35)
4. Explain and prove Christ according to the Bible (Acts 17:2-3)
5. Preach according to God’s word (1 Pet 4:11)
6. Correctly handle the word of truth (2 Tim 2:15)
7. Do not preach messages that are “yes” and “no” (2 Cor 1:18) [Do not preach one thing and meant another]
What should be the right attitude to the Bible – For Believers?
1. Examine it daily (Acts 17:11)
2. Read it constantly (Josh 1:8; Ps 119:43)
3. Meditate profoundly (Ps 119:15,99)
4. Pray earnestly (Ps 119:125; Eph 1:17)
5. Listen and ask frequently (Lk 2:46; Acts 8:31)
6. Give many citations (Lk 23:29-33)
7. Put the word into practice (Mt 7:24; Jas 1:25)
Christians should believe in the infallibility of the Bible for it contains revelations by God whose words have been thoroughly tested (Ps 119:140). Nothing is impossible with God (Lk 1:37). No words should be added to or taken from the Bible (Rev 22:18-19).
Jesus said, “What is said in the Bible cannot be abolished. “Therefore, we should completely believe and accept all in it as God’s words. We should not nullify its surpassing quality or distort its meaning just because it does not meet worldly standards. We should humbly ask the Lord to open our minds so that we can understand the scriptures (Lk 24:45) and know the truth, guided by the Holy Spirit (Jn 16:13). “The letter kills but the Spirit gives life ” (2 Cor 3:6).