Can there be one church being the true church of God and all the other churches are false?
1. The word “True” refers to the true God, for God is true (Jer 10:10; Rom 3:4; Isa 65:16; Jn 17:3; 7:28; 1Jn 5:20), and it shows that the church belongs to the true God.
2. Jesus has made known the true God (Jn 1:18 KJV), and is the true God himself (1Jn 5:20). Jesus said, “I am the true vine” (Jn15:1), and “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (Jn 14:6). The Bible also refers to the Lord Jesus as “the true light” (Jn 1:9), and as “holy and true” (Rev 6:10). So it is proper that Jesus be called “True Jesus.”
3. Because believers are branches of the true vine and they constitute the church—the body of Christ—the church is also the “True Church”. If the church belongs to the “True God” and the “True Jesus,” it is the “True Church.”
4. The True Jesus Church does not only bear the name of the true church. The Holy Spirit abides with the church to testify that this church preaches the truth and that it is indeed the true Church of God (Heb 2:3-4; Eph 1:13-14; 2:22).
5. There is no intention condemn anyone; but that does not make the church any less true. The True Jesus Church preaches the complete gospel of salvation, has the presence of the HolySpirit, and is accompanied by signs and miracles; it is the true church of God not just in name but also in substance.
The church of the apostolic era was the true church of God, but it did not have a name. Why should the true church of God today establish a name?
1. The church in the apostolic era was the first church established by the Holy Spirit. At that time there was only one church and false churches did not yet exist. All Christians belonged to this true church of God, which preached the name of Jesus. No name was necessary since the gospel they believed and preached in itself was the identity of the church (see Acts 2:33-36; 3:15-16; 4:13-18).
2. In the end time, false prophets, false christs, and false doctrines will arise (Mt 24:24; 2 Pet 2:1; 1Jn 4:1). Today there are thousands of churches and denominations, but the true church of God remains only one. The name of the church would set apart the true church from other churches and draw all men to believe the true gospel of salvation.
Claiming any one church as the true church of God is a sign of arrogance and boasting. Such an attitude is against the Christian spirit of humility. Who are we to judge? (Rom 14:10).
1. What makes the True Jesus Church true is the gospel that it preaches, not the qualification of the members. It preaches the doctrine of the true church of God not because it feels superior to other Christians, but because it is the teaching of the Bible. It does not judge any individual. It is God’s word that judges (Jn 12:47,48).
2. The church belongs to God, not any individual. So when discussing the truth of one church, we cannot take matters personally. Truth is objective. It should not have anything to do with the arrogance and pride of the preacher. We must study the Scriptures to see if the Bible indeed teaches one gospel and one church. If it does, we need to find out what the true gospel is according to the Bible and which church upholds the true gospel. This is the attitude of the
Bereans, who diligently studied the Scriptures to examine the message they had heard (Acts 17:11).
3. Paul insisted that there was only one true gospel (2 Cor 11:1-4; Gal 1:6-9). He did not hesitate to condemn all preachers of a false gospel because it concerned believers’ salvation. But he was not boasting about himself. He said, “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have
preached to you, let him be accursed” (italics added; Gal 1:6-9). Paul did not make himself the exception; if he turned away from the gospel, he himself would also be condemned.
If God allows any one church to claim it as the true church of God, isn’t He narrow minded to save only one church and reject all those others who love him deeply?
It is not God who is narrow minded, but those who do not accept His gospel. If God were to accept everyone regardless of whether they obey Him, He would not be the just God that He is, and His words would mean nothing at all.
The Lord said, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word” (Jn 14:23; cf 1Jn 5:3). If someone claims to love God but refuses to obey Him, his claim is false. God knows who truly loves him (1 Cor 8:3).
If a person never hears of the true gospel in his lifetime, it is God who will ultimately determine whether he was a true believer. But as for us who have already known the true gospel, it is our responsibility to accept and obey it.
If you want to know more about One True Church, feel free to request for one by providing your name and email address below…