What do you mean by the Holy Spirit is our Counselor?
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God (Gen 1:2; 1 Cor 3:16),
He is also our “Counsellor” (Jn 14:16).
John 14:16 (New King James Version)
“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;”
Lord Jesus said, “Unless I go away, the Counsellor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.” (John 16:7).
Romans 8:26 (New King James Version)
“In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;”
In Him, we will receive comfort in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Cor 1:4)
Other names will include:-
– the Spirit of the Lord (Isa 11:2),
– the Spirit of the living God (2 Cor 3:3),
– the Spirit of the Father (Mt 10:20),
– the Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9),
– the Spirit of Jesus (Acts 16:7),
– the Spirit of the Lord (Lk 4:18),
– the Spirit of God’s son (Gal 4:6),
– the Spirit of Truth (Jn 16:13),
– the eternal Spirit (Heb 9:14),
– the Spirit of glory (1 Pet 4:14),
– the Spirit of wisdom and revelation (Eph 1:17),
– the Spirit of judgment (Isa 4:3-4),
– the Spirit of holiness (Rom 1:4; Neh 9:20), and
– the seven Spirits of God.
In summary, there is only one Spirit (Eph 4:4).
If you want to know more about the Holy Spirit, feel free to request for one by providing your name and email address below…