What is the message about believing in Jesus and what can we gain from doing so?
What are the important messages in the gospel?
The gospel tells that God sent His one and only Son, Jesus to the world to be the Saviour for His people. His salvation is completed in five accomplishments which are the sources of salvation. They have been accomplished “for us” and this is what we preach:
1. Christ was born for us. “A Saviour has been born to you, He is Christ the Lord.” (Lk 2:11)
2 Christ died for us. “Christ died for our sins and was buried.” (1 Cor 15:3-4; Rom 5:8)
3. Christ resurrected for us. “He was raised to life for our justification.” (Rom 4:25)
4. Christ ascended to heaven for us. “I am going there to prepare a place for you.” (Jn 14:2-3)
5. Christ comes again for us. “…and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.” (Heb 9:28)
These five points are Christians’ basic belief and guiding principles of the gospel.
In believing in Jesus, what good would his work do to people?
His grace satisfied the physical and spiritual needs of mankind. The body is temporary but the soul is eternal; the latter being more important than the former. Jesus healed the sick, drove out demons and raised the dead to life. He performed these miracles to draw them to believe in Him so that their souls can be saved. Therefore all the good he did for the people was linked to both their flesh and spirit. The purpose was for all who believed, to receive the following blessings:
1. Peace (Lk 1:79; Mk 5:34; Lk 7:48, 50; Jn 14:27, 16:33; Phil 4:7; Col 3:15).
2. Freedom (Jn 8:36; Lk 13:16; Rom 8:1-2; Gal 5:1; 2 Cor 3:17; Gal 5:13).
3. Light (Jn 8:12, 9:5; 12:46; Mt 9:29-30; Jn 9:11; Eph 1:18, 5:13-14; Acts 26:18).
4. Life (Jn 10:10, 28, 11:25-26; Lk 8:53-55; Col 3:4; Jn 5:40, 20:31; Eph 2:1,5).
5. Abundance (Jn 6:35; Mt 5:6; 14:20; Jn 6:27, 28; 1 Cor 10:3-4).
6. Joy (Lk 1:47; Jn 3:29, 16:22, 24, 17:13; 20:20; Acts 16:34; Phil 4:4).
7. Protection (Mt 23:37; Jn 17:12, 15; 6:39; 2 Thess 3:3; 1 Thess 5:23; 1 Pet 1:5).
In believing in Jesus, our ultimate gain is salvation and eternal life.
If you want to know more about salvation in Jesus Christ, feel free to request for one by providing your name and email address below