Are you a sinful man? Can sins be forgiven?
Can sin be annihilated or be forgiven if we change the social environment and system, and raise moral standards?
By conscience, man hopes to raise social moral stands and change social environment to bring about a better world.
But this is an empty hope – because man’s conscience cannot resist evil.
“For I have the desire to do what is good but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do – this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.” (Rom 7:18-20)
So, no human ways can change this world for the better.
Besides disobeying God’s law, what are the other sins of men?
1. Disbelieving God:
“Everything that does not come from faith is sin.” (Rom 14:23)
“Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar.” (1 Jn 5:10)
“Whoever does not believe stands condemned.” (Jn 3:18)
“Whoever rejects the Son…God’s wrath remains on him.” (Jn 3:36)
2. Not loving the light: Light is goodness.
“Men loved darkness instead of light.” (Jn 3:19)
“The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” (Jn 1:5)
“The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.” (Jn 1:9)
Can sins be forgiven? What is Salvation?
1. Sinners need to be forgiven: “…from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins….” (Acts 26:18)
2. Enemies need to be reconciled: “Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Rom 5:1)
3. Old selves need to be renewed: “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Cor 5:17)
4. The dead needs life: “…by believing you may have life in his name.” (Jn 20:31)
If you want to know more about what is Salvation, feel free to request for one by providing your name and email address below…